- Alzheimer Society
- B.C. Alzheimer's Society
The Alzheimer Society in Canada is a federation of 140 independent societies across the country. The local groups offer an array of programs and services, including caregiver support groups, private and family counselling, on-site and in-home respite care, education workshops and day programs. The national and provincial associations fund research, do education and lobbying.
The local chapter of the Alzheimer's Society offers a wide variety of resources, including in-person and telephone workshops that are helpful to those recently diagnosed with dementia and their families. In the Mid Island there is a Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregivers Support Group that meets monthly in Nanaimo.
A collaboration of the Alzheimer Society and the RCMP, this national wandering registry helps return missing or wandering persons with dementia to the safety of their homes.
- Glacier View Lodge Caregiver Manual
A comprehensive family care guide from Glacier View Lodge, a complex care facility in the Comox Valley.
- Alzheimer Knowledge Exchange Resource Centre
AKE is a clearinghouse for information on Alzheimer's and dementia. They have a vast array of publications available online, free of charge.
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Canadian Association of Retired Persons
- Canadian Caregiver Coalition
- Canadian Coalition for Seniors' Mental Health
- Canadian Home Care Association
- Canadian Virtual Hospice
- Dementia Guide
- Elder Care Canada
- Long Term Care Planning Network
- Neurological Health Charities Canada
- Quality End-of-Life Care Coalition of Canada
- Canadian Centre for Activity and Aging
- Canadian Dementia Action Network
- Caring Voice Network