Planned GivingAnyone... regardless of income level can leave a charitable gift through their estate.
A planned gift to Nanaimo Travellers Lodge shows both generosity and foresight. Help leave a legacy of compassionate dementia care by considering a gift for the future. A future gift can be made in several ways:
Bequest in your Will - A simple solution
- Include a gift in your written will and your estate will receive a tax reciept
- Record our full legal name and charity number:
- Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society
- Charitable # 13052 0562 RR0001
- Choose one of the following sample Standard Will Clauses which your Legal Advisor should review:
Suggested will clause wording for an unrestricted specific bequest:I give the sum of ___________ (insert a specific sum) to Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society for its general purposes as Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society sees fit.Suggested will clause wording for unrestricted residual bequest:I give the ____ % of the residue of my estate to Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society for its general purposes as Nanaimo Travellers Lodge Society sees fit.
Gift of Life Insurance - Make a substantial gift with a relatively small premium
- There are a number of options, including one that will fit with your current financial situation.
- Discuss your options with your Financial Advisor. Contact us if you would like to be referred to our volunteer professional Financial Advisor.
Publicly-Traded Securities - A tax efficient donation alternative
- Eliminate capital gains tax by donating your securities to Nanaimo Travellers Lodge instead of selling them and donating the cash
- Donors can make a gift of a publicly-traded security including shares, mutual funds and options
- The advantage to the donor is that there are significant tax savings associated with this type of giving
- Travellers Lodge will immediately sell any donated securities to convert them to cash. The donor will receive a tax receipt based on the stock price at the time of the transfer of ownership.