Our Resident PetsPets are part of what makes a house a home and Travellers Lodge is no exception. Pets offer affection, unconditional love and help to ease depression and loneliness. Research shows that Elders who regularly interact with animals have lower blood pressure and have 21 per cent fewer visits to the doctor.
- Colourful fish in the dining room are a great source of entertainment and pleasure
- The cats, Shadow and Buttons, are always looking for a loving stroke
- Mini Pearl,Smoke Pearl Lionhead Rabbit, shares the front sitting room with our collection of budgies
- A dog run outside in the central courtyard for visiting dogs to rest in when they are not spending time with the Elders
- Numerous bird feeders are hung outside Elders' bedrooms to attract wild birds
We encourage visitors to bring their well-behaved dogs into the Lodge on a leash. Please read our short guidelines to ensure everyone, including Fido, has a positive experience.