The LodgeThe Lodge has five different wings: Bonar, Dyde, Lytton, Martin and Nelson wings. The Nelson and Bonar wings showcase small, self-contained secure units with common rooms and gathering places. Each resident has their own room with ensuite bathroom.
Every aspect of our person-centered care approach is designed to alleviate the loneliness, boredom and helplessness often experienced by those living in care facilities.
- Notice boards on each floor with the correct date and "thoughts for the day"
- Outside each bedroom there is a bulletin board full of pictures of the resident's family and friends
- An activities cabinet stocked with cards, games, books, etc. is always available to everyone to engage our Elders in purposeful, meaningful, spontaneous activities
- Along the hallways there are specially constructed puzzle boards to help alleviate agitation
- Specially painted doors and walls that provide a comfy feeling while discouraging wandering